Women in Tech Netherlands: Kick-Off Event
The sold-out event saw the launch of the Women in Tech Netherlands Chapter, led by Snezana Zivcevska-Stalpers, Women in Tech Ambassador.
The event opened with an introduction by Ayumi Moore Aoki, Founder and CEO of Women in Tech and opening remarks by Alexander van Boetzelaer, EVP Strategy, Elsevier. The keynote was delivered by Ruben Nieuwenhuis, Director TechConnect, talking about promoting more diversity in tech.
An incredible panel discussion on how having more women in tech is changing things for the better included:
- Cara Antoine – Chief Marketing & Operations Officer at Microsoft Netherlands
- Marco Clazing – VP and Regional Leader Customer Success Group EMEA growth markets at Salesforce
- Karin Hilton – Senior Director Technology at Elsevier
- Raashi Sikka – Head of Diversity & Inclusion EMEA at Uber
- Marcel Molenaar – Country Manager Benelux at LinkedIn
- Harry van Dorenmalen – Member KPMG NL Supervisory Board and Former Chairmen IBM Europe
Flash-Talks then gave speakers the opportunity to give fast-paced and interesting insights into their field of expertise:
- Mentoring by Alena Hielema, Personal Leadership Coach at Empowered for Future
- Leadership by Marion Geisler, Executive coach
- Executive Presence by Barbara Rogoski, Public-speaking coach at TEDxAmsterdamWomen
- Girls in STEM: the pipeline by Cocky Booij, Director at VHTO
- LinkedIn: how to create an outstanding profile by Molonie Dodaro, LinkedIn Expert at Top Dog Social Media
- AI and the future of work by Maarten de Rijke, Professor of AI at the University of Amsterdam
- Ethics in AI by Hinda Haned, Principle Scientist at Ahold Delhaize & Professor of Data Science at the University of Amsterdam
- Full Stack Product Management by Anna Ritchie, Senior Product Manager at Elsevier
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy by Talitha Papelard, Director Business Security at Northwave
- Blockchain, Decentralisation, Censorship Resistance, Cryptocurrencies, Tokenomics and more by Eléonore Blanc, Founder CryptoCanal
The Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) and Data Science Center (DSC) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) are joining forces in a new joint fellowship for (teams of) researchers interested in exploring the intersection of data science and other disciplines. The first fellow of the new program, Dr. Davide Ceolin, will start his fellowship at the IAS on June 17. Ceolin is currently affiliated with CWI.
Nanda Piersma, lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences (AUAS), has been appointed as a crown member of the Social and Economic Counsil (SER). This is the first time that a lecturer has been appointed as member of the SER. Nanda Piersma was approached because of her expertise in the field of digitisation.
The ADS Thesis Awards aim to promote excellence in Data Science and AI from students at BSc and Master level. The Awards are open to students from all Amsterdam-based knowledge institutes.