Women in Tech Netherlands: Kick-Off Event
The sold-out event saw the launch of the Women in Tech Netherlands Chapter, led by Snezana Zivcevska-Stalpers, Women in Tech Ambassador.
The event opened with an introduction by Ayumi Moore Aoki, Founder and CEO of Women in Tech and opening remarks by Alexander van Boetzelaer, EVP Strategy, Elsevier. The keynote was delivered by Ruben Nieuwenhuis, Director TechConnect, talking about promoting more diversity in tech.
An incredible panel discussion on how having more women in tech is changing things for the better included:
- Cara Antoine – Chief Marketing & Operations Officer at Microsoft Netherlands
- Marco Clazing – VP and Regional Leader Customer Success Group EMEA growth markets at Salesforce
- Karin Hilton – Senior Director Technology at Elsevier
- Raashi Sikka – Head of Diversity & Inclusion EMEA at Uber
- Marcel Molenaar – Country Manager Benelux at LinkedIn
- Harry van Dorenmalen – Member KPMG NL Supervisory Board and Former Chairmen IBM Europe
Flash-Talks then gave speakers the opportunity to give fast-paced and interesting insights into their field of expertise:
- Mentoring by Alena Hielema, Personal Leadership Coach at Empowered for Future
- Leadership by Marion Geisler, Executive coach
- Executive Presence by Barbara Rogoski, Public-speaking coach at TEDxAmsterdamWomen
- Girls in STEM: the pipeline by Cocky Booij, Director at VHTO
- LinkedIn: how to create an outstanding profile by Molonie Dodaro, LinkedIn Expert at Top Dog Social Media
- AI and the future of work by Maarten de Rijke, Professor of AI at the University of Amsterdam
- Ethics in AI by Hinda Haned, Principle Scientist at Ahold Delhaize & Professor of Data Science at the University of Amsterdam
- Full Stack Product Management by Anna Ritchie, Senior Product Manager at Elsevier
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy by Talitha Papelard, Director Business Security at Northwave
- Blockchain, Decentralisation, Censorship Resistance, Cryptocurrencies, Tokenomics and more by Eléonore Blanc, Founder CryptoCanal
From September onwards Amsterdam Data Science will merge media channels with Amsterdam AI. Any online activities you are used to will continue on the Amsterdam AI channels. So please register below to stay up to date!
Amsterdam Data Science is excited to announce the next step in joining forces with Amsterdam AI. Together, we will support Amsterdam’s development as an international hub for Responsible AI.
The UvA Data Science Center is announcing a groundbreaking research program to align artificial intelligence (AI) for the interpretation of video data with human values and ethical principles.