Vacancies: 3 PhD positions – Efficient Deep Learning at VU
Opening: 3 PhD student positions on Efficient Deep Learning
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Department of Computer Science
The NWO-TTW program Efficient Deep Learning (EDL) combines Dutch experts from the Machine Learning and the Computing communities. The program starts mid 2018 and funds about 25 new research positions (mostly PhD students), who will work together with a variety of companies.
Within EDL, project P1: Deep Learning as a Service (DLaaS) studies how to develop a service for EDL that makes the application of Deep Learning algorithms less cumbersome. From a scientific point of view, this project is a collaboration between Vrije Universiteit (VU), the University of Amsterdam (UvA), TU Eindhoven, and the Netherlands eScience Center (NLeSC). The techniques that will be developed in this project will be applied in various case studies at companies. The companies participating in P1 are: ING Bank NV, Semiotics Labs, Schiphol, Océ, SURFsara, and Mobiquity Inc.
Vrije Universiteit is looking for three PhD students within the P1 project:
• Study regime transitions and anomaly detection in the financial sector, including smart maintenance of ICT infrastructure and trading & risk in financial markets.
• VU/UvA/NLeSC, part-time at ING bank
• Services for Large-scale On-line Video Surveillance, focusing on using large scale High Performance Computing to speed up the machine learning
• VU/UvA, part-time at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
• Study the development of DL algorithms for time series of sensory data with limited availability of labeled data as part of the aforementioned service. In addition, develop ways to gain insight into the learned concepts within the networks.
• VU, part-time at Semiotic Labs.
For further information on all the above vacancies please see the VU website HERE
From September onwards Amsterdam Data Science will merge media channels with Amsterdam AI. Any online activities you are used to will continue on the Amsterdam AI channels. So please register below to stay up to date!
Amsterdam Data Science is excited to announce the next step in joining forces with Amsterdam AI. Together, we will support Amsterdam’s development as an international hub for Responsible AI.
The UvA Data Science Center is announcing a groundbreaking research program to align artificial intelligence (AI) for the interpretation of video data with human values and ethical principles.