Summer School on Autonomous Driving and Artificial Intelligence
The University of Amsterdam Business School will host 25 international top-students from various quantitative backgrounds that have been selected out of a large group of applicants to participate in this Summer School.
The main challenge for the students will be to program the TomTom autonomous mini-car, that will be present in Amsterdam for this purpose. Top-lecturers from academia and experts from TomTom will supervise this activity. The Summer School is a collaboration between the two academic institutes in Amsterdam (University of Amsterdam and Vrije Universiteit) and industry (TomTom), intended to offer outstanding students something “extra” beyond their regular curriculum.
Topics will include:
- Self-driving cars – discovering the nuts and bolts of how autonomous driving works.
- Machine learning – zooming in on deep learning theory and seeing how to create your own high definition maps for self-driving cars.
- How to become a traffic nerd – extracting insights from geospatial data sources and predicting congestion in cities.
- Artificial intelligence for autonomous driving – diving into deep learning, then creating your own model that detects objects on the road.
- Geospatial data visualization – learning the ins and outs of geolocating insights on maps.
From September onwards Amsterdam Data Science will merge media channels with Amsterdam AI. Any online activities you are used to will continue on the Amsterdam AI channels. So please register below to stay up to date!
Amsterdam Data Science is excited to announce the next step in joining forces with Amsterdam AI. Together, we will support Amsterdam’s development as an international hub for Responsible AI.
The UvA Data Science Center is announcing a groundbreaking research program to align artificial intelligence (AI) for the interpretation of video data with human values and ethical principles.