See a Summary of all our Upcoming Meetups
Want to find out more about the Amsterdam Data Science Community?
Come to our events! Registration HERE
Amsterdam Data Science Upcoming Meetups:
– 18 October 1630 (Roeterseiland Campus, UvA) – Deep Dive into Machine Learning
– 19 October 1600 (VU W&N Building) – Responsible Data Science
– 25 October 0900 (UvA Aula) – Mini-Symposium on Deep Generative Models and Unsupervised Machine Learning (Note: Technical talks aimed at the machine learning research community)
– 10 November 0930 (Pakhuis de Zwijger) – ADS and Coursera Event: Digital Transformation, the Future of Work, and Lifelong Learning
– 16 November 1600 (VU W&N Building) – Responsible Data Science: Dragnet Debate Session
– 07 December 1530 (UvA Amsterdam Business School) – Festive Drinks & Data – 2017 Highlights & Looking Forward to 2018
– 19 January 2018 0945 (SPUI25) – Coffee & Data: Legal Tech
CWI spin-off company DuckDB Labs helped create startup MotherDuck which aims to connect DuckDB to the cloud. MotherDuck sports some big names: its CEO is Jordan Tigani, founding engineer at Google’s BigQuery, Google’s fully managed data analysis platform. A big part of the $47.5 million funding comes from Andreessen Horowitz, a prominent venture capital firm, specialized in technology startups.
Breaking ground as the first international conference on Hybrid Human Artificial Intelligence, HHAI22 held its first-ever in-person meeting in Amsterdam in the summer of 2022, establishing the beginnings of an international research community. ADS contributed to the conference by hosting a Meetup around the topic of Hybrid Intelligence.
There are legal rules and ethical frameworks, but little or no practical guidance on responsible design. In her inaugural lecture “System error, please restart”, Nanda Piersma argues what ‘responsible’ means and how we can carry out the (further) development of IT systems in such a way that they earn our trust.