Launch of national action plan for diversity and inclusion in scientific education and research
The five goals for 2025 are:
- To embed diversity and inclusion in the assessment of research proposals and accreditations.
- To improve monitoring of diversity in education and research, including social security and inclusion.
- Establish an awards system to make policy and funding diverse and inclusive.
- To bundle diversity plans of different institutions, so that there can be more cooperation.
- Establish a national knowledge center for diversity and inclusion. This knowledge center will develop, bundle and share knowledge and expertise.
You can read more about the new national action plan on the Dutch government website.
The Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) and Data Science Center (DSC) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) are joining forces in a new joint fellowship for (teams of) researchers interested in exploring the intersection of data science and other disciplines. The first fellow of the new program, Dr. Davide Ceolin, will start his fellowship at the IAS on June 17. Ceolin is currently affiliated with CWI.
Nanda Piersma, lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences (AUAS), has been appointed as a crown member of the Social and Economic Counsil (SER). This is the first time that a lecturer has been appointed as member of the SER. Nanda Piersma was approached because of her expertise in the field of digitisation.
The ADS Thesis Awards aim to promote excellence in Data Science and AI from students at BSc and Master level. The Awards are open to students from all Amsterdam-based knowledge institutes.