Launch of national action plan for diversity and inclusion in scientific education and research
Minister Van Engelshoven, from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, has set out a number of ambitious goals to create a more diverse, inclusive and safe learning and working environment in scientific education and research.
The five goals for 2025 are:
- To embed diversity and inclusion in the assessment of research proposals and accreditations.
- To improve monitoring of diversity in education and research, including social security and inclusion.
- Establish an awards system to make policy and funding diverse and inclusive.
- To bundle diversity plans of different institutions, so that there can be more cooperation.
- Establish a national knowledge center for diversity and inclusion. This knowledge center will develop, bundle and share knowledge and expertise.
You can read more about the new national action plan on the Dutch government website.