Every year the eScience Center and the Lorentz Center invite researchers to join the Lorentz-eScience competition. This year the competition aims to host a leading-edge workshop on explainable AI for science.
High predictive accuracy AI models are often used to tackle data-driven research challenges. AI explainability technology is an important instrument in building trust in AI solutions, while enabling new insights and scientific discoveries. The workshop should bring together researchers and AI experts from the academic community and the public/ private sector.
The winner will organize a workshop at the Lorentz Center@Snellius in Leiden, the Netherlands.
What they are looking for:
- an innovative scientific program, that takes us beyond current boundaries
- an open and interactive format, with few lectures
- at least one scientific organizer based within and one outside the Netherlands
- at least one scientific organizer from academia and one from the public/private sector
What they offer:
- a 5-day workshop for up to 25 people in 2022
- support from explainable AI experts from the eScience Center-SURF Alliance Project DIANNA
- travel and accommodation reimbursements
- no registration fees or other organizational costs
- a professional support organization, under the philosophy ‘you do the research, we do the rest’
- a 1-page expression of interest by 29 May 2021
- a+ full application by 20 July 2021
- final decision mid August 2021
- submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the Lorentz-eScience Competition page for more information.