ICT.OPEN2017 Call for Abstracts
ICT.OPEN2017 Call for Abstracts
The Conference To Be for Dutch ICT-Research in the Netherlands
More than 500 scientists from all ICT research disciplines and interested researchers from industry come together to learn from each other, to share ideas and to network. The conference program will cover different tracks organized by the research communities of ProRISC, PROGRESS, SAFE and sessions organised by the research communities: ASCI, IPA, SIKS. During this year´s edition, the programme also includes four thematic sessions. In the registration form you can indicate whether you want your abstract to be considered for one of the themes in Cyber Security, Machine Learning, Data Science and Health.
The 6th edition of ICT.OPEN2017 will take place on Tuesday the 21nd and Wednesday the 22rd of March 2017. The event will be held at the Flint, Amersfoort, www.deflint.nl.
It will be an event to get inspired and to expand your network!
The ICT.OPEN2017 programme committee invites authors to submit an abstract within one of the following themes:
- Machine Learning:statistics to neural networks, computer vision to natural language processing, outlier detection in the broader field of Machine Learning
- Cyber Security:embedded systems security, software security, physical attacks, security applications: secure metering, car security, health applications, multimedia, cryptography, privacy enhancing technologies, blockchain, privacy by design, multi-party computation
- Health:implant, sensors, in vivo/ in vitro, medical electrons
- Data Science:Exploratory data analysis, Data Mining, large-scale data management, stream and graph data management, Interactive data visualization, Descriptive statistics
And/ or within the following research communities:
- Advanced School for Computing and Imaging (ASCI):advanced parallel, distributed, embedded and real-time computer systems, data visualization, virtual reality, image, video and multimedia analytics
- Institute for Programming research and Algorithmics (IPA):cyber-physical systems, algorithmics of (big) data, software as data
- School for Information and Knowledge Systems (SIKS):the human role, continuous change, sustainable innovation, information, knowledge, data
- Embedded Systems (PROGRESS):System and system design, Processing architectures, Tooling
- Semiconductor Advances for Future Electronics and Sensors (SAFE):device, technology/materials, Sensors & actuators
- Program for Research on Integrated Systems and Circuits (ProRISC):design of analog, mixed signal and/or digital micro-electronic circuits, Radio-Frequency design, signal processing and their applications in the field of micro-electronic systems
Please note that submission for the above mentioned research schools and tracks is not limited to members only. The research schools of ASCI, IPA and SIKS will, in collaboration with the theme coordinators of Data Science and Machine Learning, work on the programming jointly.
All abstracts must be submitted no later than 20 January 2017, 11:59 pm (CEST).
Each abstract will be evaluated by the programme committee. The outcome of the evaluation:
- Poster presentation
Selection of applicants to submit and present a poster. You will be asked to provide a flash presentation on your poster.
- Research presentation
Selection of applicants to submit a poster and be invited as speaker to present their research and findings at the ICT.OPEN2017. Submission of abstract implies the intent of at least one author to register and attend the congress.
Please follow these instructions before submitting an abstract.
An abstract consists of max. 2 A4 pages and contains the following items:
- Abstract title
- Author listing(all authors, principal author first), postal address, telephone, e-mail address.
- Key words, list a maximum of five key words.
- Abstract textproviding information about:
If you submit a recent publication, please indicate the submission details.
Instructions Easy Chair.
Log in at Easy Chair or make an account.
- New submission
- Choose your theme and/ or research community (ProRISC, SAFE, PROGRESS, SIKS, IPA, ASCI)
- Fill in the form
- Upload paper and choose abstract only
You will receive a confirmation by e-mail
Looking forward to receiving your submission at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=open2017
20 January 2017 – deadline submission abstracts
15 February 2017 – notification of outcome evaluation abstracts
21-22 March 2017 – ICT.OPEN2017 at De Flint Amersfoort
CWI researcher Peter Boncz has been appointed as one of the 2022 fellows of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM).
The ADS Thesis Award winners for 2022 are Philipp Sommerhalter and Sarah Kwakkelaar in the BSc category and Krijn Doekemeijer and Julia Sudnik for the MSc category. The winners were announced at the ADS Highlights Event on the 8th of December 2022!
A symposium entitled ‘From Systems and Networks to Complex Cyber Infrastructures’ took place on 9th December 2022 in honor of Cees de Laat (UvA IvI) and Leon Gommans (UvA IvI).