ADS Awards Five Visiting Researcher Grants
ADS is pleased to announce that they have awarded five exchanges as part of the ADS International Visiting Researchers Programme
The five exchanges are as follows:
- User modelling and learning in total recall tasks – Dan Li (PhD Student, UvA Informatics Institute) will travel to Tsinghua University for three months to carry out research within the group of Yiqun Liu
- Cross-language entity linking – Peter Bloem (Postdoc, VU Computer Science) will travel to Tsinghua University for three months to carry out research within the groups of Juanzi Li & Jie Tang
- Cross-language entity linking – Jing Zhang (PhD Student, Tsinghua University) will come to VU Computer Science for three months to carry out research within the group of Mark Hoogendoorn
- Crowdsourcing to interconnect English & Chinese medical ontologies – Fangfang Xu (PhD Student, Wuhan University) will come to VU Computer Science for three months to carry out research within the group of Lora Aroyo
- Models and techniques for analytics – Sapna Negi (PhD Student, Insight Ireland) will come to UvA Informatics Institute for three months to carry out research within the group of Maarten de Rijke
The aims of the Visiting Researchers programme are:
– To generate international collaborations between ADS and one of either:
Insight (Centre for Data Analytics, Ireland); Tsinghua University, Department of Computer Science and Technology, China; Wuhan University of Science and Technology, China
– To facilitate knowledge exchange
– To explore new and or emerging research topics in data science
The deadline for the next round of applications for exchange visits with Insight, Tsinghua, and Wuhan will be January 2018.
Recap Knowledge Session on urgent questions about ChatGPT
Pascal Wiggers, Frank Kresin and the Digitial Society School recently organized a knowledge session to discuss the possibilities and dangers of ChatGPT for education with teachers.
ROBUST AI programme receives additional €25 million in funding from Dutch Research Council
ROBUST, a new initiative by the Innovation Center for Artificial Intelligence (ICAI).
UvA Impact Stories presents first edition on Smart Cities
UvA’s new segment called Impact Stories just released its first edition which will focus on Smart Cities. Learn more about cameras, AI and the use of your data in the smart city here. In this piece, UvA researchers Cees Snoek and Heleen Janssen are examining the massive potential, pitfalls and impact of all this knowledge on our society.