ADS Awards Five Visiting Researcher Grants
ADS is pleased to announce that they have awarded five exchanges as part of the ADS International Visiting Researchers Programme
The five exchanges are as follows:
- User modelling and learning in total recall tasks – Dan Li (PhD Student, UvA Informatics Institute) will travel to Tsinghua University for three months to carry out research within the group of Yiqun Liu
- Cross-language entity linking – Peter Bloem (Postdoc, VU Computer Science) will travel to Tsinghua University for three months to carry out research within the groups of Juanzi Li & Jie Tang
- Cross-language entity linking – Jing Zhang (PhD Student, Tsinghua University) will come to VU Computer Science for three months to carry out research within the group of Mark Hoogendoorn
- Crowdsourcing to interconnect English & Chinese medical ontologies – Fangfang Xu (PhD Student, Wuhan University) will come to VU Computer Science for three months to carry out research within the group of Lora Aroyo
- Models and techniques for analytics – Sapna Negi (PhD Student, Insight Ireland) will come to UvA Informatics Institute for three months to carry out research within the group of Maarten de Rijke
The aims of the Visiting Researchers programme are:
– To generate international collaborations between ADS and one of either:
Insight (Centre for Data Analytics, Ireland); Tsinghua University, Department of Computer Science and Technology, China; Wuhan University of Science and Technology, China
– To facilitate knowledge exchange
– To explore new and or emerging research topics in data science
The deadline for the next round of applications for exchange visits with Insight, Tsinghua, and Wuhan will be January 2018.
From September onwards Amsterdam Data Science will merge media channels with Amsterdam AI. Any online activities you are used to will continue on the Amsterdam AI channels. So please register below to stay up to date!
Amsterdam Data Science is excited to announce the next step in joining forces with Amsterdam AI. Together, we will support Amsterdam’s development as an international hub for Responsible AI.
The UvA Data Science Center is announcing a groundbreaking research program to align artificial intelligence (AI) for the interpretation of video data with human values and ethical principles.