European Gender Summit: Call for Abstracts
Abstracts should report one or more of the following:
- Evidence and critical reflections on existing national- and regional-level actions to advance gender equality in science and innovation, including participation, decision-making, funding, outcomes.
- What works? Instruments, measures and practices to effectively tackle common biases and inequalities, including negative effects of stereotypes on careers and work cultures that tolerate microaggression, scientific harassment and prejudice.
- Open science: transforming science knowledge making and workforce for collaborative and collective response to global societal challenges.
- Integrating gender dimension (biological sex and/or sociocultural factors) into research process, methods and content as a measure of scientific excellence, for bias free science knowledge and equitable research outcomes.
However, abstracts offering interesting results on any other topic relevant to the general theme Driving academic innovation through diversity and inclusion: Towards a more diverse and inclusive scientific environment to enhance equity and excellence are also welcome.
Abstracts will be selected in the basis of quality assessed by the Review Panel.
The selection process can result in the following results:
- Abstracts that contribute new research findings or examples of best practices may be selected for inclusion as panel speakers; or
- Abstracts that report on ongoing projects with results already coming in may be selected for a poster presentation; or
- Abstracts disseminating information about new or forthcoming research/project may be included in the poster exhibition; and
- All abstracts apart of those that are disqualified on the grounds of poor quality will be included in the Book of Abstracts.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is 1st August 2019.
More information and to submit abstracts HERE
From September onwards Amsterdam Data Science will merge media channels with Amsterdam AI. Any online activities you are used to will continue on the Amsterdam AI channels. So please register below to stay up to date!
Amsterdam Data Science is excited to announce the next step in joining forces with Amsterdam AI. Together, we will support Amsterdam’s development as an international hub for Responsible AI.
The UvA Data Science Center is announcing a groundbreaking research program to align artificial intelligence (AI) for the interpretation of video data with human values and ethical principles.