European Gender Summit: Call for Abstracts
Abstracts should report one or more of the following:
- Evidence and critical reflections on existing national- and regional-level actions to advance gender equality in science and innovation, including participation, decision-making, funding, outcomes.
- What works? Instruments, measures and practices to effectively tackle common biases and inequalities, including negative effects of stereotypes on careers and work cultures that tolerate microaggression, scientific harassment and prejudice.
- Open science: transforming science knowledge making and workforce for collaborative and collective response to global societal challenges.
- Integrating gender dimension (biological sex and/or sociocultural factors) into research process, methods and content as a measure of scientific excellence, for bias free science knowledge and equitable research outcomes.
However, abstracts offering interesting results on any other topic relevant to the general theme Driving academic innovation through diversity and inclusion: Towards a more diverse and inclusive scientific environment to enhance equity and excellence are also welcome.
Abstracts will be selected in the basis of quality assessed by the Review Panel.
The selection process can result in the following results:
- Abstracts that contribute new research findings or examples of best practices may be selected for inclusion as panel speakers; or
- Abstracts that report on ongoing projects with results already coming in may be selected for a poster presentation; or
- Abstracts disseminating information about new or forthcoming research/project may be included in the poster exhibition; and
- All abstracts apart of those that are disqualified on the grounds of poor quality will be included in the Book of Abstracts.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is 1st August 2019.
More information and to submit abstracts HERE
The ADS Thesis Awards aim to promote excellence in Data Science and AI from students at BSc and Master level. The Awards are open to students from all Amsterdam-based knowledge institutes.
On the 22nd of September LAB42 will host its Grand Opening from 15:00 onwards. LAB42 is an international hub for developing talent in the fields of digital innovation and AI. The building is the result of a partnership between the UvA, the municipality of Amsterdam and the business sector.
The UvA Data Science Centre, part of the University Library, is pleased to host its second yearly Data Science Day on the 13th of October 2022.