Eight Machine Learning Publications will be Presented at Top Conferences
Eight publications on machine learning, by researchers from the Institute of Informatics, are accepted by the upcoming leading International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) and Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI). Three articles will be presented at the ICML and five at the UAI.
The accepted papers are:
- Neural Relational Inference for Interacting Systems. Thomas Kipf (UvA), Ethan Fetaya, Kuan-Chieh Wang, Max Welling (UvA), Richard Zemel
- BOCK: Bayesian Optimization with Cylindrical Kernels. ChangYong Oh (UvA), Efstratios Gavves (UvA), Max Welling (UvA)
- Attention-based Deep Multiple Instance Learning. Maximilian Ilse (UvA), Jakub Tomczak (UvA), Max Welling (UvA)
The accepted papers are:
- Sylvester Normalizing Flows for Variational Inference. Rianne van den Berg (UvA), Leonard Hasenclever, Jakub Tomczak (UvA), Max Welling (UvA).
- Hyperspherical Variational Auto-Encoders.Tim Davidson (UvA), Luca Falorsi (UvA), Nicola De Cao (UvA), Thomas Kipf (UvA), Jakub M. Tomczak (UvA).
- From Deterministic ODEs to Dynamic Structural Causal Models. Paul K. Rubenstein, Stephan Bongers (UvA), Joris M. Mooij (UvA), Bernhard Schoelkopf.
- Constraint-based Causal Discovery for Non-Linear Structural Causal Models with Cycles and Latent Confounders. Patrick Forré (UvA), Joris M. Mooij (UvA).
- Causal Discovery in the Presence of Measurement Error. Tineke Blom (UvA), Sara Magliacane, Anna Klimovskaia, Joris M. Mooij (UvA).
The papers will be presented during the ICML, from 10-15 July 2018 in Stockholm, Sweden, and the UAI, from 6-10 August in Monterey, California, the USA.
For more information see HERE
The Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) and Data Science Center (DSC) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) are joining forces in a new joint fellowship for (teams of) researchers interested in exploring the intersection of data science and other disciplines. The first fellow of the new program, Dr. Davide Ceolin, will start his fellowship at the IAS on June 17. Ceolin is currently affiliated with CWI.
Nanda Piersma, lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences (AUAS), has been appointed as a crown member of the Social and Economic Counsil (SER). This is the first time that a lecturer has been appointed as member of the SER. Nanda Piersma was approached because of her expertise in the field of digitisation.