Amsterdam Data Science Career Fair – 28 February
Have you heard? On Wednesday 28 February Amsterdam Data Science and the Big Data Alliance are organising a Data Science Career Fair for UvA and VU Master students.
The response has been incredible and we are thrilled to announce that over 200 students and 24 companies have registered for the event! The students attending have broad backgrounds including Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Econometrics, and Physics.
Workshops and speed-dating sessions will show students the many Data Science career options available. Who’s coming? Adidas, Anchormen, Birds.ai, Bol.com, Booking.com, CGI, Chipsoft, CQM, DatascienceLab, Dutch Analytics, eBay, Elsevier, GoDataDriven, KLM, KPMG, KPN, NewRelity, OPT/NET, ORTEC, Peace Tech Lab, Qualogy, Tapp, Tiqets, Viriciti.
Want to find out more on the companies attending? Click the link below.
- A (Room: Shark): ‘From fourier analysis to deep convents to use cases’ – I. Everts (GoDataDriven)
- B (Room: Day): ‘Experience the life of a data scientist in one hour’ – E. D’Acunto & R. Monné (ORTEC)
- C (Room: Inno): ‘Data science and AI in the real world’ – P. Hulsen (CQM)
16:00-16:30: Inspire sessions
- A (Room: Shark): What can I expect from an academic career? – C. van Son (VU) & A. Meroño (VU)
- B (Room: Inno): What are my options after my masters or PhD? – C. Zandvliet (Xomnia) & D. Graus (FD Mediagroep)
16:30-17:00: Inspire sessions
- A (Room: Shark): Want to start your own business? – Y. Bodnar (ACE) & M. Farzanehpour (SCITODATE)
- B (Room: Inno): Want to work at a government organisation? – J. Goilo (Datalab City of Amsterdam)
17:00-17:30: Quick Fire Pitches (Room: Day & Night)
- Companies present their career opportunities in one minute
17:30-18:30 Speeddates (Room: Day & Night)
- 7 minute blocks. Note: it is your responsibility to know your exact time slots
18:30-19:30: Beers, pizza & networking (Room: Day & Night)
From September onwards Amsterdam Data Science will merge media channels with Amsterdam AI. Any online activities you are used to will continue on the Amsterdam AI channels. So please register below to stay up to date!
Amsterdam Data Science is excited to announce the next step in joining forces with Amsterdam AI. Together, we will support Amsterdam’s development as an international hub for Responsible AI.
The UvA Data Science Center is announcing a groundbreaking research program to align artificial intelligence (AI) for the interpretation of video data with human values and ethical principles.