Amsterdam Data Science Career Fair – 28 February
Have you heard? On Wednesday 28 February Amsterdam Data Science and the Big Data Alliance are organising a Data Science Career Fair for UvA and VU Master students.
The response has been incredible and we are thrilled to announce that over 200 students and 24 companies have registered for the event! The students attending have broad backgrounds including Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Econometrics, and Physics.
Workshops and speed-dating sessions will show students the many Data Science career options available. Who’s coming? Adidas, Anchormen, Birds.ai, Bol.com, Booking.com, CGI, Chipsoft, CQM, DatascienceLab, Dutch Analytics, eBay, Elsevier, GoDataDriven, KLM, KPMG, KPN, NewRelity, OPT/NET, ORTEC, Peace Tech Lab, Qualogy, Tapp, Tiqets, Viriciti.
Want to find out more on the companies attending? Click the link below.
- A (Room: Shark): ‘From fourier analysis to deep convents to use cases’ – I. Everts (GoDataDriven)
- B (Room: Day): ‘Experience the life of a data scientist in one hour’ – E. D’Acunto & R. Monné (ORTEC)
- C (Room: Inno): ‘Data science and AI in the real world’ – P. Hulsen (CQM)
16:00-16:30: Inspire sessions
- A (Room: Shark): What can I expect from an academic career? – C. van Son (VU) & A. Meroño (VU)
- B (Room: Inno): What are my options after my masters or PhD? – C. Zandvliet (Xomnia) & D. Graus (FD Mediagroep)
16:30-17:00: Inspire sessions
- A (Room: Shark): Want to start your own business? – Y. Bodnar (ACE) & M. Farzanehpour (SCITODATE)
- B (Room: Inno): Want to work at a government organisation? – J. Goilo (Datalab City of Amsterdam)
17:00-17:30: Quick Fire Pitches (Room: Day & Night)
- Companies present their career opportunities in one minute
17:30-18:30 Speeddates (Room: Day & Night)
- 7 minute blocks. Note: it is your responsibility to know your exact time slots
18:30-19:30: Beers, pizza & networking (Room: Day & Night)
CWI researcher Peter Boncz has been appointed as one of the 2022 fellows of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM).
The ADS Thesis Award winners for 2022 are Philipp Sommerhalter and Sarah Kwakkelaar in the BSc category and Krijn Doekemeijer and Julia Sudnik for the MSc category. The winners were announced at the ADS Highlights Event on the 8th of December 2022!
A symposium entitled ‘From Systems and Networks to Complex Cyber Infrastructures’ took place on 9th December 2022 in honor of Cees de Laat (UvA IvI) and Leon Gommans (UvA IvI).