Amsterdam Data Science Career Fair – 28 February
Have you heard? On Wednesday 28 February Amsterdam Data Science and the Big Data Alliance are organising a Data Science Career Fair for UvA and VU Master students.
The response has been incredible and we are thrilled to announce that over 200 students and 24 companies have registered for the event! The students attending have broad backgrounds including Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Econometrics, and Physics.
Workshops and speed-dating sessions will show students the many Data Science career options available. Who’s coming? Adidas, Anchormen, Birds.ai, Bol.com, Booking.com, CGI, Chipsoft, CQM, DatascienceLab, Dutch Analytics, eBay, Elsevier, GoDataDriven, KLM, KPMG, KPN, NewRelity, OPT/NET, ORTEC, Peace Tech Lab, Qualogy, Tapp, Tiqets, Viriciti.
Want to find out more on the companies attending? Click the link below.
- A (Room: Shark): ‘From fourier analysis to deep convents to use cases’ – I. Everts (GoDataDriven)
- B (Room: Day): ‘Experience the life of a data scientist in one hour’ – E. D’Acunto & R. Monné (ORTEC)
- C (Room: Inno): ‘Data science and AI in the real world’ – P. Hulsen (CQM)
16:00-16:30: Inspire sessions
- A (Room: Shark): What can I expect from an academic career? – C. van Son (VU) & A. Meroño (VU)
- B (Room: Inno): What are my options after my masters or PhD? – C. Zandvliet (Xomnia) & D. Graus (FD Mediagroep)
16:30-17:00: Inspire sessions
- A (Room: Shark): Want to start your own business? – Y. Bodnar (ACE) & M. Farzanehpour (SCITODATE)
- B (Room: Inno): Want to work at a government organisation? – J. Goilo (Datalab City of Amsterdam)
17:00-17:30: Quick Fire Pitches (Room: Day & Night)
- Companies present their career opportunities in one minute
17:30-18:30 Speeddates (Room: Day & Night)
- 7 minute blocks. Note: it is your responsibility to know your exact time slots
18:30-19:30: Beers, pizza & networking (Room: Day & Night)
The Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) and Data Science Center (DSC) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) are joining forces in a new joint fellowship for (teams of) researchers interested in exploring the intersection of data science and other disciplines. The first fellow of the new program, Dr. Davide Ceolin, will start his fellowship at the IAS on June 17. Ceolin is currently affiliated with CWI.
Nanda Piersma, lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences (AUAS), has been appointed as a crown member of the Social and Economic Counsil (SER). This is the first time that a lecturer has been appointed as member of the SER. Nanda Piersma was approached because of her expertise in the field of digitisation.
The ADS Thesis Awards aim to promote excellence in Data Science and AI from students at BSc and Master level. The Awards are open to students from all Amsterdam-based knowledge institutes.