Amsterdam Data Science-Amsterdam Academic Alliance: International Visiting Researchers Programme
The aims of the Visiting Researchers programme are:
- To generate international collaborations between ADS and one of either:
- Insight (Centre for Data Analytics, Ireland)
- Tsinghua University, Department of Computer Science and Technology, China
- Wuhan University of Science and Technology, China
See more information here: https://amsterdamdatascience.nl/about/international-collaborators/
- To facilitate knowledge exchange
- To explore new and or emerging research topics in data science
ADS specifically invites applications for funding that will aid in advancing our Strategic Directions, see: https://amsterdamdatascience.nl/about/strategic-directions/
Funding applications are welcome at PhD, postdoc and senior faculty levels. The length of visit is flexible but we envisage a minimum of 3 months.
Applications should include the following information (maximum 300 words):
- Names of researchers at Amsterdam, and host (if a connection has already been established), thatwill be involved in the collaboration
- Brief overview on the collaboration area, why funding is needed and what is the anticipated outcome of the visit
- Length of visit
- What the host will contribute to the visit (e.g. monetary matching, exchange in the other direction, supervisionduring the visit/facilitate the visit etc)
- If a connection with the host organisation/department has already been established
Deadline for applications is Friday 15 September 2017
Please mail any queries and applications to email@example.com
The ADS Thesis Awards aim to promote excellence in Data Science and AI from students at BSc and Master level. The Awards are open to students from all Amsterdam-based knowledge institutes.
On the 22nd of September LAB42 will host its Grand Opening from 15:00 onwards. LAB42 is an international hub for developing talent in the fields of digital innovation and AI. The building is the result of a partnership between the UvA, the municipality of Amsterdam and the business sector.
The UvA Data Science Centre, part of the University Library, is pleased to host its second yearly Data Science Day on the 13th of October 2022.