Amsterdam Data Science-Amsterdam Academic Alliance: International Visiting Researchers Programme
Amsterdam Data Science (ADS) invites applications from ADS researchers and partner organisations for the Amsterdam Academic Alliance (AAA) Funded International Visiting Researchers Programme
The aims of the Visiting Researchers programme are:
– To generate an international collaboration between ADS and either:
- a new international collaborator, which has a good fit towards one or more of our strategic directions, see: https://amsterdamdatascience.nl/about/strategic-directions/
- an existing international collaborator: Insight (Centre for Data Analytics, Ireland); Tsinghua University, Department of Computer Science and Technology, China; Wuhan University of Science and Technology, China
See more information here: https://amsterdamdatascience.nl/about/international-collaborators/
– To facilitate knowledge exchange
– To explore new and or emerging research topics in data science
ADS invites applications for funding that will aid in advancing our Strategic Directions, see: https://amsterdamdatascience.nl/about/strategic-directions/
More specifically, topics of interest are the following (additionally we can provide you with contact points at the partners):
– Insight: Personal sensing, security, semantic web & ontologies, sustainability
– Tsinghua: Computational social sciences, data-driven machine translation, knowledge graphs, natural language understanding with deep learning, semantic web technologies, social network theories, web search technology (plus others, please contact for further details)
– Wuhan: Health related topics
Funding applications are welcome at PhD, postdoc and senior faculty levels. Please note because of the source of the funding the visiting staff or student should be linked with UvA Informatics or VU Computer Science. The length of visit is flexible but we envisage a minimum of 3 months.
Applicants should complete the form HERE
Deadline for applications is Monday 07 May 2018
Please mail any queries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) and Data Science Center (DSC) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) are joining forces in a new joint fellowship for (teams of) researchers interested in exploring the intersection of data science and other disciplines. The first fellow of the new program, Dr. Davide Ceolin, will start his fellowship at the IAS on June 17. Ceolin is currently affiliated with CWI.
Nanda Piersma, lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences (AUAS), has been appointed as a crown member of the Social and Economic Counsil (SER). This is the first time that a lecturer has been appointed as member of the SER. Nanda Piersma was approached because of her expertise in the field of digitisation.
The ADS Thesis Awards aim to promote excellence in Data Science and AI from students at BSc and Master level. The Awards are open to students from all Amsterdam-based knowledge institutes.