Amsterdam Data Science-Amsterdam Academic Alliance: International Visiting Researchers Programme
Amsterdam Data Science (ADS) invites applications from ADS researchers and partner organisations for the Amsterdam Academic Alliance (AAA) Funded International Visiting Researchers Programme
The aims of the Visiting Researchers programme are:
– To generate an international collaboration between ADS and either:
- a new international collaborator, which has a good fit towards one or more of our strategic directions, see: https://amsterdamdatascience.nl/about/strategic-directions/
- an existing international collaborator: Insight (Centre for Data Analytics, Ireland); Tsinghua University, Department of Computer Science and Technology, China; Wuhan University of Science and Technology, China
See more information here: https://amsterdamdatascience.nl/about/international-collaborators/
– To facilitate knowledge exchange
– To explore new and or emerging research topics in data science
ADS invites applications for funding that will aid in advancing our Strategic Directions, see: https://amsterdamdatascience.nl/about/strategic-directions/
More specifically, topics of interest are the following (additionally we can provide you with contact points at the partners):
– Insight: Personal sensing, security, semantic web & ontologies, sustainability
– Tsinghua: Computational social sciences, data-driven machine translation, knowledge graphs, natural language understanding with deep learning, semantic web technologies, social network theories, web search technology (plus others, please contact for further details)
– Wuhan: Health related topics
Funding applications are welcome at PhD, postdoc and senior faculty levels. Please note because of the source of the funding the visiting staff or student should be linked with UvA Informatics or VU Computer Science. The length of visit is flexible but we envisage a minimum of 3 months.
Applicants should complete the form HERE
Deadline for applications is Monday 07 May 2018
Please mail any queries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amsterdam AI and Smart Health Amsterdam: joining together for an innovative future
Big news! Amsterdam AI and Smart Health Amsterdam are joining together for an innovative future in what Geert ten Dam, chair of the Amsterdam AI governing board, calls “the next logical step” in Amsterdam’s development as an international hotspot for responsible AI.
ADS TECH020 Career Fair Recap
The annual ADS TECH020 Career Fair took place on April 13th at Lab42, Amsterdam Science Park. We hosted 16 companies and 200 students who made it a lively and interactive event. Few of the companies that attended where: KPN, Cloudflight, UWV, Creative Clicks B.V., Aurai, Xebia Data, Savills and Equals.Amsterdam. *Photo credit by Teus Hagen
ADS Partner Dinner | Invitation Only
ADS will host its second ADS Partner Dinner on June 1st at Mediamatic in Amsterdam.