Amsterdam Data Science-Amsterdam Academic Alliance: International Visiting Researchers Programme
Amsterdam Data Science (ADS) invites applications from ADS researchers and partner organisations for the Amsterdam Academic Alliance (AAA) Funded International Visiting Researchers Programme
The aims of the Visiting Researchers programme are:
– To generate an international collaboration between ADS and either:
- a new international collaborator, which has a good fit towards one or more of our strategic directions, see: https://amsterdamdatascience.nl/about/strategic-directions/
- an existing international collaborator: Insight (Centre for Data Analytics, Ireland); Tsinghua University, Department of Computer Science and Technology, China; Wuhan University of Science and Technology, China
See more information here: https://amsterdamdatascience.nl/about/international-collaborators/
– To facilitate knowledge exchange
– To explore new and or emerging research topics in data science
ADS invites applications for funding that will aid in advancing our Strategic Directions, see: https://amsterdamdatascience.nl/about/strategic-directions/
More specifically, topics of interest are the following (additionally we can provide you with contact points at the partners):
– Insight: Personal sensing, security, semantic web & ontologies, sustainability
– Tsinghua: Computational social sciences, data-driven machine translation, knowledge graphs, natural language understanding with deep learning, semantic web technologies, social network theories, web search technology (plus others, please contact for further details)
– Wuhan: Health related topics
Funding applications are welcome at PhD, postdoc and senior faculty levels. Please note because of the source of the funding the visiting staff or student should be linked with UvA Informatics or VU Computer Science. The length of visit is flexible but we envisage a minimum of 3 months.
Applicants should complete the form HERE
Deadline for applications is Monday 07 May 2018
Please mail any queries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
From September onwards Amsterdam Data Science will merge media channels with Amsterdam AI. Any online activities you are used to will continue on the Amsterdam AI channels. So please register below to stay up to date!
Amsterdam Data Science is excited to announce the next step in joining forces with Amsterdam AI. Together, we will support Amsterdam’s development as an international hub for Responsible AI.
The UvA Data Science Center is announcing a groundbreaking research program to align artificial intelligence (AI) for the interpretation of video data with human values and ethical principles.