ADS Meetup: Data Science and Behavioural Studies
Amsterdam Data Science’s first Meetup on Data Science and Behavioural Studies included talks from:
- Han van der Maas, Professor and Head of Psychological Methods – Educational Data Mining
- Theo Offerman, Professor of Behavioral Game Theory – Experimentation at CREED (Center for Research in Experimental Economics and Political Decision Making)
- Willemijn van Dolen, Professor of Marketing – The Champion of Images: Understanding the Role of Images in the Decision-Making Process of Online Hotel Bookings
- Ilja Sligte, Assistant Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience – Football is a Brain Game
- Anna Keuchenius, PhD Candidate, Social and Behavioural Sciences – How Communities Mediate the Diffusion of Novel Ideas
- Javier Garcia Bernardo, PhD Candidate, Social and Behavioural Sciences – The Effects of Social Media in School Shootings
To hear about the latest ADS Meetups, please join our Meetup Page
CWI researcher Peter Boncz has been appointed as one of the 2022 fellows of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM).
The ADS Thesis Award winners for 2022 are Philipp Sommerhalter and Sarah Kwakkelaar in the BSc category and Krijn Doekemeijer and Julia Sudnik for the MSc category. The winners were announced at the ADS Highlights Event on the 8th of December 2022!
A symposium entitled ‘From Systems and Networks to Complex Cyber Infrastructures’ took place on 9th December 2022 in honor of Cees de Laat (UvA IvI) and Leon Gommans (UvA IvI).