ADS Meetup: Data Science and Behavioural Studies
Amsterdam Data Science’s first Meetup on Data Science and Behavioural Studies included talks from:
- Han van der Maas, Professor and Head of Psychological Methods – Educational Data Mining
- Theo Offerman, Professor of Behavioral Game Theory – Experimentation at CREED (Center for Research in Experimental Economics and Political Decision Making)
- Willemijn van Dolen, Professor of Marketing – The Champion of Images: Understanding the Role of Images in the Decision-Making Process of Online Hotel Bookings
- Ilja Sligte, Assistant Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience – Football is a Brain Game
- Anna Keuchenius, PhD Candidate, Social and Behavioural Sciences – How Communities Mediate the Diffusion of Novel Ideas
- Javier Garcia Bernardo, PhD Candidate, Social and Behavioural Sciences – The Effects of Social Media in School Shootings
To hear about the latest ADS Meetups, please join our Meetup Page
The ADS Thesis Awards aim to promote excellence in Data Science and AI from students at BSc and Master level. The Awards are open to students from all Amsterdam-based knowledge institutes.
On the 22nd of September LAB42 will host its Grand Opening from 15:00 onwards. LAB42 is an international hub for developing talent in the fields of digital innovation and AI. The building is the result of a partnership between the UvA, the municipality of Amsterdam and the business sector.
The UvA Data Science Centre, part of the University Library, is pleased to host its second yearly Data Science Day on the 13th of October 2022.