The 2021 ADS Thesis Awards are now open for nominations
ADS is seeking nominations for the ADS Thesis Award 2021 for the academic year 2020-2021. Winners of the awards will receive a cash prize sponsored by the UvA DSC, Elsevier and ADS, and will present their work at the ADS Highlights Event in December.
Call for Nominations is Open
We are looking for thesis nominations that present exciting and innovative work in the area of Data Science and/or AI research. We take a broad view of applicable research, including, but not limited to:
- computer systems
- artificial intelligence
- data management
- life sciences
- social sciences
- digital humanities
- business intelligence and processes
We specifically encourage nominations for thesis work by women and underrepresented minorities. The work will be evaluated by members of the selection committee who will be affiliated with the ADS Gold Partners (to be announced).
The goals of the ADS Thesis Award are to:
- Reward and champion high-quality thesis work;
- Promote women and underrepresented minorities and encourage them to continue their education;
- Encourage diversity in Data Science and AI research;
- Advance Amsterdam and the ADS network as an innovation hub by showcasing excellent theses.
- Submission Deadline: September 17th (Friday), 23:59, 2021
- Award Decision: November 15th (Monday), 2021 (a minimum of 3 weeks before the ADS Highlights Event in December)
- Award Ceremony: ADS Highlights Event, December, 2021
Classes of the Award
The awards for the best theses are given in the two categories, BSc and MSc. Both categories have two awards each (a total of four awards), where at least one of the winners (out of the two) in both BSc and MSc categories must be a woman or someone from an underrepresented minority. Each award is accompanied by a cash prize sponsored by the UvA DSC and ADS, and a certificate given at the annual ADS Highlight event (held in December). The winners will have the opportunity to present their thesis work at the ADS Highlight event.
Please visit the ADS Thesis Award page for more information on the guidelines.