ADS Drinks & Data – Event Report
On Friday 09 December, Amsterdam Data Science (ADS) hosted an event aimed at:
- Showcasing the Highlights of 2016 from the ADS partners and
- Looking forward to new collaborations in 2017
The event kicked-off with ADS director Maarten de Rijke giving an overview of the key 2016 outcomes from ADS, for example:
- The establishment of Amsterdam School of Data Science
- 7 strategic data science research labs
- 4 network partners across the globe
Following on from this there were 6 short presentations (less than 5 minutes each) covering multiple disciplines:
- Business Analytics, Cities, Digital Humanities, Health, Informatics, and Life Sciences
To celebrate what has been achieved in 2016.
Followed by 5 presentations from those that we are keen to partner with and collaborate more closely with in 2017:
- Air France-KLM, Gemeente Amsterdam, Information Law (IViR) UvA, Network of Dutch War Resources, and Social Sciences VU.
In between, there was active participation from the audience, over 100 people attended.
Afterwards drinks and snacks were served enabling further network and collaboration opportunities.
From September onwards Amsterdam Data Science will merge media channels with Amsterdam AI. Any online activities you are used to will continue on the Amsterdam AI channels. So please register below to stay up to date!
Amsterdam Data Science is excited to announce the next step in joining forces with Amsterdam AI. Together, we will support Amsterdam’s development as an international hub for Responsible AI.
The UvA Data Science Center is announcing a groundbreaking research program to align artificial intelligence (AI) for the interpretation of video data with human values and ethical principles.