Turingzaal, Science Park 123, Amsterdam.
We, Creators of AI
Artificial Intelligence is here to stay.
The University of Amsterdam, in the frame of ERC=Science² (an EU-funded campaign aiming to promote the research funded by the European Research Council), gathers researchers from different fields, innovators and citizens alike.
The objective is to stimulate an exchange and debate around today’s concerns, threats, negative effects and opportunities of AI for humanity.
17:00 Opening: Prof. Maarten de Rijke, University Professor of Artificial Intelligence and Information Retrieval
17:10 Presentations of ERC-funded research projects
- Dr. Stefania Milan, Associate Professor of New Media and Digital Culture
- Dr. Joris Mooij, Associate Professor, Informatics Institute
- Dr. Rinaldo Kühne, Assistant Professor in the Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)
18:10 Panel discussion: Moderator: Dr. Monique Septon, ERC=Science² Project Manager, Science|Business
- Prof. Maarten de Rijke
- Prof. Natali Helberger
- Dr. Alex Barco Martelo, Professor in Information Law, Institute for Information Law
- Dr. Alex Barco Martelo, Postdoctoral researcher at the Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)
- Dr. Stefania Milan
- Dr. Joris Mooij
19:00 Networking drinks