Amsterdam Startup Village
ICAI DAY – AI Entrepreneurship: From the lab to the market
On June 1st, the Summer Edition of the ICAI Day 2022 will take place. The theme of this edition is AI Entrepreneurship: From the lab to the market. It will be a hybrid event with an exciting and interactive program with lunch table discussions, presentations from two keynote speakers, and other AI experts during the plenary part.
What can you expect from this edition’s ICAI Day?
For this edition, our Dutch AI Startup experts and professionals are going to walk you through the different phases of a Startup’s life cycle. We will not only look into the possible difficulties and challenges you might encounter in this journey but also the possible solutions and helps you should know on the way.
For whom is for the ICAI Day?
Anyone who is interested in knowing more about ICAI and AI Startups is invited. The seats are limited! Sign-up below now before it is too late!
12:00 – 13:30 – Part 1: Lunch Table Discussion
NOT ONLINE, ONLY ON LOCATION
Topic: The life cycle of a Startup in different sectors
Each table in the ‘Lunch Table Discussion’ revolves around a different sector on the topic. You can choose between these five sectors:
- Health-care: Moderator- Bram van Ginneken (Thiralab, Radboud AI for Health Lab, RadboudUMC )
- Service industry: Moderator- Ugnius Rimša (LalaLand)
- Robotics: Moderator- Judith Dijk (TNO)
- Public domain: Moderator- comfirming
- Transportation/ Mobility: Tristan Van Doorn
13:30 – 17:30 – Part 2: The Plenary Session
ONLINE AND ON LOCATION
Plenary Session Moderator: Desiree Hoving
- 13:45-14:00 Welcome by Esther Smit (Business Director at ICAI)
- 14:00-14:15 ICAI updates
- 14:15-14:45 Two keynote speakers on the mistakes and final solutions of different phases in the Startup journey
- 14:45 – 15:00 The Rise of Venture Building by Peter Westerhuijs ( TTT.AI)
- 15:00-15:15 Break with Startup posters
- 15:15- 15:30 Pitching your AI startup to Venture Capitals by Thijs Dijkman (Peak Capital)
- 15:30-15:45 How to facilitate the AI startup ecosystem in the Netherlands for the next (5) year(s)? by Arjan Goudsblom (TechLeap.nl)
- 15:45-16:20 Panel Discussion on three main challenges
- Panel member 1: Maarten Stolk (Deeploy)
- Panel member 2: Vladimir Nedovic (ACE)
- Panel member 3: Anita Lieverdink (TNO, NLAIC)
- Lacking a sufficient infrastructure that is often needed for AI-related activities
- Having access to (large) datasets to validate their innovative AI solutions
- Dealing with bias as a result of the lack of expertise on social impact and diversity
- 16:20-16:30 Closing word by the ICAI team
- 16:30- 17:30 Drinks with posters from Startup