De Boelelaan 1108, Amsterdam, Netherlands
ADS Deep Dive into Health & Life Sciences
In this Amsterdam Data Science Deep Dive session we will highlight cutting-edge research with a focus on data science in the health & life science domains. There will be an opportunity for audience participation and interaction to discuss the key data challenges for health & life scientists, with the aim to reach out to other research domains to help address these challenges. A particular focus of this event is the prediction of (combination) therapy responses, which is a novel and challenging field that is highly relevant for the clinic.
Date: Friday 25 November
10:00: Welcome and Introduction
10:05: Integration of Phenotypic Drug Efficacy and Molecular Chemogenomics Data for drug synergy prediction
10:30: Algorithm based optimization of drug combinations – towards a personalized approach
Prof Arjan Griffioen, Department of Medical Oncology, VUmc
10:55: Molecular PET imaging in personalized targeted therapy
Prof Guus van Dongen, VUmc Imaging Center Amsterdam
11:20: Molecular determinants of drug response
Prof Lodewyk Wessels, Computational Cancer Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI)
11:45: Coffee & snack
Amsterdam Data Science accelerates data science research by connecting, sharing and showcasing world-class technology, expertise and talent from Amsterdam on a regional, national and international level. Our research enables business and society to better gather, store, analyse and present data in order to gain valuable insights and make informed decisions.
ADS is an initiative of:
- Informatics Institute (IvI), Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA)
- Amsterdam Business School and Amsterdam School of Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, UvA
- Computer Science, Vrije Universiteit (VU) Amsterdam
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS/HvA)
- Centrum Wiskunde en Informatica (CWI)
We organise meetings and seminars on cutting-edge research, technologies and best practices. These can be our:
– Coffee and Data events which have a broader scope with industry involvement, or
– Deep Dive sessions, which are more research focussed.
We invite you to:
- share the data challenges in your organisation with the ADS community
- discover innovative ways to apply data science across fields
- network and discuss leading issues with students and top data scientists.