European Gender Summit: GS17 EU
The GS17 EU will be held in Amsterdam 3-4 October 2019 and titled:
Driving academic innovation through diversity and inclusion: Towards a more diverse and inclusive scientific environment to enhance equity and excellence.
Gender Summit Themes
- National frameworks to advance gender balance, diversity and inclusion in science and research
- Aim 1: Explore and define actions at the national and European level to create gender balance in science and research and to remove (invisible) obstacles for diversity.
- Aim 2: identify promising and needed directions for research and innovation and its funding mechanisms to ensure bias free, quality science knowledge.
- Aim 3: Identify promising actions to produce, combine and interpret national and European gender and diversity data, statistics and indicators on career progression and work environment.
Outcome: recommendations for actions on a national and European level to enhance gender balance, diversity and inclusion in science and research, and enhance quality of outcomes for all.
- Fostering diversity in open science and AI to ensure an optimal connection of science to society
- Aim 1: Actions to create fair, bias free and socially responsible applications of the new, advanced, digital technologies, with specific attention to the developments in the Gendered Innovations project.
- Aim 2: Actions to create transparent and accessible research data-infrastructures (FAIR data) with diversity dimensions.
- Aim 3: Actions to create diversity dimensions for research performance in the age of open science, in order to optimize the impact of research on society.
Outcome: Guidelines on diversity in AI and open science – main considerations and recommendations using of the knowledge on gendered innovation for excellence and societal relevance.
- Actions towards a team-driven, innovative academic culture where everyone feels included
- Aim 1: Identify concrete actions for realizing cultural change in academia.
- Aim 2: Collect, share and draw up concrete proposals of actions to reshape academia into a reflection of society.
- Aim 3: Pitch evidence-based methods of integrating gender and diversity analysis in education and research content to enhance innovative, groundbreaking research with impact.
Outcome: Recommendations for actions to promote and foster a diverse and inclusive scientific staff community to enhance the quality of research and the attractiveness of European countries as research locations.
GS17 EU Programme HERE
More information HERE