ADS Data & Drinks: Big Data Management & Analytics
Date: Friday, April 7, 2017
Location: Room Q112, 1st Floor, W&N Building (FEW/Faculty of Sciences – 1081 entrance), VU Amsterdam. See number 4 in the map, De Boelelaan 1081 (W&N)
The ADS Meet-up offers the opportunity for researchers and business to share their knowledge and give insight on a central theme, specifically on the afternoon of Friday 07 April this will be on Big Data Management & Analytics. In this afternoon edition, there is also the chance to network after over a drink and a snack.
15:30-15:35 Welcome & Opening: Stefan Manegold, Scientific Staff Member, Professor, Database Architectures at CWI
15:35-16:05: Ram Sriharsha, Product Manager, Apache Spark at Databricks on “Making Big Data Analytics Easy and Fast”
16:05-16:35: Frank Smit, Chief Innovtion Officer at OBI4wan on “When a single graph isn’t enough. Graph Analytics at OBI4wan and OBILytics.”
17:05-18:00 Networking, Drinks & Snacks
Amsterdam Data Science accelerates data science research by connecting, sharing and showcasing world-class technology, expertise and talent from Amsterdam on a regional, national and international level. Our research enables business and society to better gather, store, analyse and present data in order to gain valuable insights and make informed decisions.
ADS is an initiative of:
- Faculty of Digital Media and Creative Industries, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS)
- Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI)
- Informatics Institute, University of Amsterdam (UvA)
- Amsterdam Business School, Amsterdam School of Economics, Economics and Business, UvA
- Department of Computer Science, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU)
- Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Economics, Amsterdam Center for Business Analytics (ACBA), VU